Dentists located in Frisco, TX
When you have a tooth that’s weak, cracked, or worn down, you may need a crown. Come see the dentists at Lee Dental in Frisco, Texas to see if a crown is right for you. Dr. Clyde Lee and Dr. Julie Lee of Lee Dental expertly fit and craft crowns, oftentimes to protect damaged teeth and restore their function.
What is a crown?
A crown acts like a cap to naturally cover your tooth so that its size, shape, appearance, and function are improved. The dentists cement a crown in place so that it fully covers all parts of the tooth that you can see above the gum line.
Why would I need a crown?
Crowns are often applied to improve the function and appearance of affected teeth. Crowns may be needed to:
- Protect weak teeth, especially those that are decaying or cracked
- Add support and protection to a tooth that has a large filling
- Restore the appearance and function of a broken tooth or one that has worn down from tooth grinding
- Mask discolored or marred teeth
- Cover an implant
- Improve the cosmetic appearance of your mouth
- Hold a dental bridge
Why should my child have a crown?
Crowns on baby teeth may seem unnecessary, but in some cases are important to the health of your child’s mouth. The dentists at Lee Dental may recommend a crown for your child if they need to:
- Protect teeth at risk of tooth decay due to poor hygiene habits
- Save a tooth that can’t support a filling
- Minimize the number of dental visits necessary to care for your child’s teeth when such visits are stressful and may require anesthesia
Remember, baby teeth hold the space for adult teeth. They also ensure that your child can eat the nutritious foods needed for good overall health as well as strong teeth. A healthy and bright mouth also makes your child feel confident about his appearance.
What types of crowns are available?
Multiple crowns are available, depending on your budget and where in your mouth it will be placed. Stainless steel is often used for temporary crowns. Other types of crowns include:
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns match the coloring of nearby teeth
- All-resin crowns are budget friendly but may be less permanent than other types of crowns
- All-ceramic or all-porcelain crowns match your other teeth most effectively and are best for front teeth
- Metal crowns are long-lasting and resilient to chipping or breaking, but are noticeable and aren’t suitable for people with metal sensitivities
What is the process of getting a crown like?
You’ll likely be scheduled for two different visits in advance of receiving a crown. At the first visit, the dentist will prepare your tooth and create a mold to form the crown, customized for your mouth. At the second visit, the completed crown is placed in your mouth, sealed in place, and filed for a comfortable fit.
Words from our patients
"Dr. Lee is the best dentist and they are affordable too. Both husband and wife and their team really care."
"My entire family has been going to Lee Dental for the past 15 years. They are small business owners at heart who put 110% into the quality of their work."
"Love coming to Lee Dental! Going to the dentist isn't my favorite thing to do, but your whole staff makes it a great experience."
"I love Lee Dental :) They even managed a full set of sealants on my (at the time) three year old"
"They serve with excellence, the ambiance is awesome. Looking forward to my next cleaning"